Cell phones are not permitted while at Bellwood. Clients are advised to leave their cell phones at home, however if brought, they will be placed in safekeeping and returned upon departure.
What to bring
- Comfortable casual clothes such as jeans, cotton pants, knee-length shorts, shirts, sweaters, blouses, and jackets.
- Sleepwear, bathrobe, and slippers
- Exercise clothes such as jogging suits, gym shorts, T-shirts, walking or running shoes, and rainwear
- Laundry detergent and dryer sheets (coin operated laundry machines are available)
- Alarm clock
- For those who snore - nasal strips and ear plugs
- Toiletries and hygiene products (Mouthwash must be non-alcoholic.)
- A favourite pillow and blanket (Bellwood provides these but many of our clients enjoy the comfort of their own pillow and blanket.)
- Books, tapes, small radios, ipods/mp3 players players without Internet access, camera or phone access and extra batteries. Note: Large portable radios and CD/DVD players are not allowed.
- Stamps, address book, and telephone numbers so you can write or telephone family and friends
- A sufficient supply of routine prescription medications and routine vitamins pre-approved by Bellwood medical staff
- A supply of quarters for telephones and newspapers; Loonies and quarters for laundry machines. Laundry machine expense is $1.25/ per use
- Phone cards
- Credit card, bank card, or money for toiletries or incidentals
- Photos and mementos of loved ones
What not to bring
- Over-the-counter medications and vitamins (unless pre-approved by our medical staff)
- Food or beverages, including chewing gum
- Lottery tickets
- Large amounts of money and valuables
- Computers, Personal Digital Assistants, TVs, cameras, movies/DVDs.
- Playing cards, dice or other gambling items.
- Large portable radios and CD/DVD players
- Electronic hand-held games
- Perfume, cologne, aftershave and scented body lotions. Bellwood is a "scent free" environment.
Please note that if any of these items are brought to Bellwood, they will be placed in safekeeping and will not be available for your use during treatment.
Footwear must be worn at all times and should be appropriate for program activity.
The following items of clothing are not permitted for Bellwood clients
- Tight or revealing clothing such as: halter tops; bathing suit tops, mid-drift tops (belly tops); thinly strapped tops or strapless tops; tank tops; "muscle" tops; tight shorts, pants, or skirts; "short" shorts or short skirts.
- Clothing with inappropriate wording or pictures, including anything promoting alcohol, bars, casinos or sports teams
- Camouflage clothing
Please note that as part of our infection control policy, upon admission, all belongings will be screened by our staff in the presence of clients. Luggage and bags will be steamed and clothes may be ‘flash dried’ if required.