Continuing care and support on your journey of recovery
Successfully completing an addiction treatment program is a milestone and an achievement. But your journey of recovery does not end there. At Bellwood, we understand that many challenges lay ahead of you. That's why we provide an aftercare program to ensure that you continue to receive the support and guidance you need to rebuild your life. Continuing care is the key for long-term sobriety.
Why is continuing care important for recovery?
The hardest part of sobriety is continuously practicing your newly acquired skills once you leave rehab. At Bellwood, we believe in going beyond standard care. We believe that providing continued care for clients is a vital step in ensuring lifelong recovery. Our research shows that 84% of Bellwood clients who attended the Continuing Care program with at least one other regular support, achieved high recovery at six months follow-up.
Bellwood’s Continuing Care Program
Bellwood’s Continuing Care Program provides you with vital support and skills to handle high-risk situations and reduce your risk of relapse. The aftercare program includes 1 year of guided help for 2 hours a week facilitated by a Bellwood Recovery Counsellor.
What does Bellwood’s Continuing Care include?
For clients within commuting distance of Bellwood:
- Ongoing support through a weekly Aftercare Group, facilitated by your Recovery Counsellor
- A specialized 8-week Relapse Prevention Group, if recommended
For out-of-town clients:
- Up to two Mini-Treatment Programs (2 ½ day refresher programs) throughout the year
- Assistance in arranging continuing care in home community, including identification of 12-Step meetings
Additional program components available for all participants include:
- One-year Continuing Care Program
- Individual/family crisis management sessions on an as needed basis (maximum of four sessions)
- Regular contact with a Recovery Counsellor by telephone or email
- 24/7 telephone access for support in emergencies
- Regular recovery emails from our team of recovery counsellors with helpful recovery tips and support
- Referral to supportive housing and assistance with other social issues
- Communication with healthcare professionals, family or employers, as required
- Letters of completion, when requested
Learn More About:
Continued Support for up to 5 years
Once you have completed your first year of aftercare, we encourage you to continue with our aftercare beyond the first year. Bellwood offers continuing care groups for up to 5-years as you grow in your recovery.
Aftercare for Family Members
Family members, partners, and friends are very much affected by the addiction and often have no support systems to ease their struggle.
Bellwood’s Continuing Care Program for family members offers a safe and confidential environment where you can discuss your issues and struggles related to the addiction of your loved one. You will receive guidance and support from a Bellwood counsellor, volunteer, and other family members just like you.
Continuing Care for Clients Outside Toronto/GTA
For clients outside commuting distance from Bellwood, we ensure you receive the vital aftercare support that you need.
- Mini-Treatment Programs scheduled throughout the year consisting of two and a half-day refresher courses with relapse prevention education, life skills and group therapy
- Connection with local resources and support groups in your community, including 12-Step meetings in your the community
- Telephone support from your Recovery Counsellor
- 3-way conference calls with aftercare agents, family members or employers as required
- Individual/family crisis support sessions on an as needed basis (maximum of four sessions)
- Ongoing support through weekly/monthly emails with valuable recovery information
- 24/7 telephone access for support in emergencies
Aftercare care for clients who didn’t attend rehab at Bellwood
Continued care is vital for anyone recovering from an addiction. If you completed treatment at another treatment centre, you may also be eligible for our Continuing Care Program.
We will arrange an assessment to discuss your treatment needs and determine if our program would be appropriate for you. Please call us to learn more about suitability and how you can attend Bellwood’s Continued Care program.
The Cost of Aftercare
Aftercare is worth the investment. It will help you successfully manage high-risk situations and reduce the chance of relapse.
What’s my next step?
A good starting point is to call and speak with one of our addiction specialists. They can help you identify your needs and how you or your loved one can take advantage of Bellwood Continuing Care Program. Your phone consultation is free and confidential.
If you would like more information on how Bellwood canhelp you, please call or email us.
Success StoriesOnce Again a Role Model to My Family: Low self esteem combined with high work stress, a sense of personal failure and a heavy dose of intellectualization to...
read more client testimonialsLife is Better on the Other Side: By the time I got into Bellwood I was a stumbling, slurring mess; it took me 37 years to get there. As a lot of high...
read more client testimonialsA Journey with a Lot of Twists and Turns: My drinking was out of control and my life in chaos. I was isolating from my family and friends to drink, damaging...
read more client testimonials
Recovery Rates with Aftercareread more on Bellwood's success rates