How You Can Help an Employee
As an employer, you can play an important role in your employee’s recovery from addiction. Our outcome studies found clients who were referred to us by their employer and whose treatment program included mandatory aftercare achieved the best recovery rates. Read about our success Rates.
Beyond referring your employee to Bellwood, there are other actions you can take to help and support an employee dealing with addiction:
- Build a workplace culture that makes employees feel safe about approaching you to discuss their addiction.
- Learn more about addiction, including how to identify signs of potential substance abuse and how to approach your employee to discuss your concerns.
- Be supportive and let your employees know how much you value them as individuals and as part of a team that contributes to the organization.
- Encourage your employees to seek help and offer them guidance, support and financial assistance to make it easier for them to get the best quality treatment.
- Be involved in their treatment process as appropriate and learn how you can support them during treatment and when they return to work.
- Outline your expectations and conditions of your ongoing support, including your involvement in continuing care and post-treatment support programs, reporting, monitoring and testing.
Protect Your Employees and Your Business - Talk to Us Today
Find out more about how you can help your employee regain a healthy lifestyle and once again become a productive member of your team. Call us now at 1-800-387-6198 or email us.