Recognize The Signs Of Addiction
How can you tell if an employee has an addiction? The following behaviours and occurrences could be signs of a substance abuse problem.
An employee may have an addiction if he or she:
- Is detected with the smell of alcohol during working hours
- Often calls in sick and comes in late, more so than other employees
- Is frequently away from the office or their normal job location
- Makes frequent trips to the washroom
- Makes or receives a lot of personal calls
- Becomes less productive and produces work of diminished quality
- Constantly misses deadlines
- Has more on-the-job injuries
- Covers up accidents instead of assuming responsibility for them
- Becomes neglectful of personal grooming habits
- Is increasingly isolated from fellow employees
- Has unexplained memory lapses
If your employee is showing one or more of these signs, we encourage you to call us today at 1-800-387-6198 to learn more about what you and Bellwood can do to help.